Saturday, September 22, 2012

Soaring

Last Wednesday Norm took Jim Daniels and me to the Heber Airport to go up in a glider.
Me in the glider. That's Tom, the pilot, who will sit behind me. There are controls both front and back.
This is the takeoff. You can see the little single engine tow plane ahead of us.
Tom, gave the controls to me and talked me through flying the glider for about five minutes. He said I did great and that I was a natural. He says that to everyone.
This is a beautiful view of Heber Valley with Deer Creek Reservoir in the distance.
30 minutes after takeoff, here we are landing. Tom is back at the controls of course.
Back on the ground. What a fun experience that was.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

How cool!

Like the new header :)

Joel (Bob) and Dresden said...

COOL!

Selena said...

Wow! How did it feel being in charge of the controls of the glider for five minutes? And I'm sure that you were a natural indeed.